We have football, hurling and camogie teams for adult men and women and girls and boys from the age of five.
Éire Óg Greystones Club is located off Mill Road close to the Rugby and Tennis Clubs. It currently has two playing pitches, one of these being fully floodlit for training & match purposes, and a clubhouse with dressing rooms and a meeting room.
Club History Est.1920
The contemporary Éire Óg Greystones club traces its roots all the way back to the Junior football success of the first team in the area known as the Wolfe Tones. Aptly named, these founding fathers won the first football championship in 1920 for the town at a time when new clubs were springing up in abundance.
Thus, the club finds its origins in the early 20th century. The club has been variously known as the Wolfe Tones, The United Gaels, Greystones Gaels, The Cherry Pickers, Greystones and now the contemporary Éire Óg Greystones GAA Club. The teams played out of venues known as Carrs bog, Carrs field, O Connors field, the Cherry Orchard and Crow Abbey.
The current club name incorporates the mother club Greystones and a local club run by and catering for underage players. The Éire Óg club, formed in 1977 was in existence for 7 years. The two clubs amalgamated in 1984 to set in motion a collective will to progress Gaelic games in the locality.The main playing pitch is developed to a very high quality and frequently hosts intercounty matches in ladies, men’s and juvenile football, hurling and occasionally camogie.
Éire Óg Greystones is a progressive, non-denominational, non-political and non-racial Sports Club club with approximately 800 members and around 20 different teams competing in Hurling, Camogie, Gaelic Football and Ladies Football in Wicklow League and Championship competitions. It is comprised of adult and juvenile sections. The majority of the clubs members are juveniles, both girls and boys, playing football and hurling. The club has a proud and strong Ladies Football tradition.
The club recently completed a major clubhouse extension to cater for its growing membership. This includes four dressing rooms, a sports hall/function room, kitchen, meeting room and ancillary facilities. The club is also in the process of acquiring additional land, adjacent to the current grounds, to develop a juvenile playing pitch in the near future.