Éire Óg Greystones CLG is committed to promoting and supporting the development of the local community through Gaelic Games and Culture and to use the resultant sense of place to create a constructive, inclusive and positive tir grá for the surrounding area.
We are strongly committed to encouraging our members to take part in all activities bearing in mind that the health, well-being and safety of each individual is always our paramount concern. We recommend levels of training and participation dependent on age and ability and expect our players to participate within these boundaries.
It is the policy of Éire Óg Greystones CLG to promote standards of health and safety within the club which will lead to the avoidance or reduction in risks to health and safety, to continually improve our safety performance and to ensure that the best practicable methods of compliance with the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005, and associated legislation are achieved.
This Safety Statement, in accordance with Section 20 of the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005, outlines the policy of Éire Óg Greystones CLG in relation to the management of health and safety. Éire Óg Greystones CLG is committed to managing and conducting our activities in such a way as to ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, the safety, health and welfare of our members and others who may be affected by the club’s activities.
This will be achieved by the following (so far as is reasonably practicable):
- the provision of a safe buildings, play and training areas, including safe access and egress;
- the provision of safe plant and equipment, articles and substances;
- the provision of safe systems and procedures;
- the provision of welfare facilities;
- the provision of appropriate information, instruction, training and supervision;
- operating & providing training in line with latest COVID 19 government regulations
- determining and implementing appropriate preventative and protective measures;
- having regard to the general principles of prevention;
- the provision of emergency plans and procedures;
- reporting accidents and incidents; and
- obtaining, if necessary, the services of a competent person to advise on health & safety.
The detailed arrangements for achieving these objectives are set out in the main body of the Safety Statement which can be seen in hard copy at the clubhouse building or accessed via the website HERE.
Éire Óg Greystones CLG is also committed to managing and conducting club activities in such a way as to prevent, so far as is reasonably practicable, any improper conduct or behaviour (including bullying/harassment) likely to put the safety, health or welfare of members at risk.
The Chairperson of Eire Óg Greystones CLG has overall responsibility for health and safety within the club. Members share this responsibility in ensuring their own safety while participating in activities. Members are encouraged to put forward suggestions for improvement to this document. The Safety Statement will be reviewed in light of experience and future developments within the club.
Any concerns or observations concerning health and safety can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org